Friday, July 22, 2011

My new addictions...

So, now that we have the internet back, I have a problem... Craft blogs and etsy. I am addicted. Chronicles of a compulsive decorator, the shabby nest, in my own style, vintage revivals, house of Smiths, and funky junk just to name a few of my favorites! I have a million kajillion ideas of things I could do to this house and things I could make to sell! I am making all of my christmas gifts this year because of craft blogs. I have a garage full of furniture to help achieve the ideas in my brain that is stuffed with them. It's so fun, and yet, I bet Joe hates them. He doesn't like when I get creative because with me (tell me it's not just me...) creative= BIG A MESS!!!! I wish I knew how to post pictures of the finds on the blogs so I could show you!!! Someone (ahem Charlotte, pretty please?!?!) needs to show me what to do to make my blog as cool as other ones I have seen! Help! I need somebody... Anyhoot... I have also decided, because of these craft blogs and wanting new stuff in the house, I am having a garage sale. I am ready to part with stuff that used to mean a lot and now is just not my style. I will be glad to be done with some of this stuff, I just hope that people who gave these things to me don't get upset that I am selling... Know what I mean with that? With all of my Hoarders: Buried Alive watching, I have become more and more concerned that I may go that way... My dad is/was a hoarder of trash (ask Joe or my sister Cathy, they will agree, and possibly curl up into a ball and start crying... it was THAT nasty) When we got the call that he was in the hospital in a medically induced coma and we should come right away because he may be dying, we never in 284,729,327,239 years anticipated what awaited us in his rv. Nasty. I can't even describe it because there are no words to explain the "odor". That was the hardest thing I have ever done in all of my 25 years! (ok ok, 29... I tried...) My two sisters and I worked on it first, then Cathy and her hubby went back, and then Joe and I went back to finish. I was lucky enough to get to clean the bathroom portion of the rv. No words people... *insert shudder here... So, this post makes no sense, but what I am trying to say is I am excited to be out with the old and in with the new, even if it is a lot less new.

Confession of the day: I am a horrible giver upper of pop. I haven't been able to quit yet, but I am not drinking it every day like I was, and I see that as a step in the right direction. Yes?????

Love you all, MamaRa

1 comment:

  1. I can totally help you give your blog pizazz!! :)
    I can also help you get photos on here.

    ReplyDelete