Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Divorce and diet pepsi, totally unrelated....

Divorce- I have two friends who have no other choice but to divorce their spouse and another friend who just finalized her divorce. I am so sad for these friends because they couldn't make it work. It wasn't their fault that any of the marriages didn't work, and all of them were willing to work on it but the other half was already checked out. I just wanted to say that this truly makes me grateful for my own wonderful (albeit sometimes bossy... -.- ) husband. To my friends who have gone through this, I am here if you  need anything!

Diet pepsi- I just read the book  Food Matters by Mark Bittman. I loved it! My family is going to hate that I read it.... Have you ever had a feeling in the back of your mind that what you were doing or saying was not what you should be doing, but you didn't WANT to do what you should? That's how I am about food... I know that fruits and vegetables are the best options and whole grains and some meat is good too... Heck, it even says so in the LDS Word Of Wisdom!! That means it's kind of a big deal! Still, I ignored it... I think God would love loaded nachos! With a big diet pepsi from the fountain of love at Kwik Trip too! Perhaps he would follow it up with a 1/2 pound hamburger... Yeah, I think God is smarter than that I guess... Turns out, we really shouldn't eat as much meat as we do in America, and everyone is paying for it... Even the vegetarians who don't eat beef or the vegans who use no animal products at all are suffering! Want to know why? Cattle farms produce more pollution than vehicles! Isn't that sad? And also ridiculous if you ask me. Starting yesterday, I am cutting out soda from my diet, and lowering my meat intake greatly, and increasing the fruit and veggies! **** WARNING- I MAY BE CRABBY WHILE I GO THROUGH WITHDRAWLS... BEAR WITH ME****
So the moral of this story is, oatmeal with cinnamon, apples, walnuts, raisins, and a teeny bit of brown sugar is delicious!!!!

Confession of the day- I want school to start NOW!

Lots of love, MamaRa

7 comments:

  1. Great post! I haven't read the book but left and right I've been hearing the same stuff and Eric and I keep TALKING about making those changes...but we haven't really committed 100%. Kudos to you for starting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a documentary by the same name (and guy) that really opened my eyes too. Also, Food Inc is amazing if you are looking to make changes. I am about 60% committed at this point, but that is better than the 0% I was... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want school to start now too! My condolences to your friends going through marital issues - someone close to me is going through that as well and it's heartbreaking. As for the caffeine withdrawals, you cna do it! I talked my brother into quitting diet soda on our vacay and he's been off it for 2 weeks and feeling awesome. Plus, did you see that research that recently came out that diet soda actually makes you gain weight?? I can send you the link if you want to feel even better about your decision;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mama Gallo- never coffee! Blech!!!! @Kristi- love you too punkin butt! @Charlotte- is that your brother TJ who looks stoned in that picture? Were his withdrawls that bad??? I did hear that, but put the link on my fb wall please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had a pop since monday morning! It's going ok so far... I do want one bad, but I know it's a slippery slope, so I can't.

    ReplyDelete