Thursday, September 1, 2011

She's Crafty isn't just a Beastie Boys song!

I have been kinda busy lately! I have been crafting! It all started when G-Funk (love ya gurrrrl!!!) invited me to craft at her house, sans my midgets! I am up for anything involving friends and not involving children. Except maybe cleaning toilets... gross... Anywho, I brought a bag of stuff to work on, and G-Funk lovingly gave me scrap paper she didn't need anymore. Natch, I had to look through said paper and get all my ooh's and aaahhh's out. This was some good schtuff!!! I instantly ditched my projects to do other papercentric projects! I got 3 name signs done while I was there!(Let's do it again soon lady!)
After I did that I had the crafting bug, so I started working on the name signs my friend Cathy paid me to make. That was also a lot of fun, although for most of it I was alone... I did watch 7 of the 8 episodes of The Kennedys though. Katie Holmes... smh... 
Once I got the name signs done I was on a roll! I went out to my project storage facility garage to see what a good project would be. I saw the cute wooden cabinet my mama got me for $5 at her neighbor's garage sale and knew it was the chosen one... I took the door off, taped off the punched metal design, and primed that sucker! Then I used a crapton of aqua spray paint all ova! When that was dry, I used chalkboard paint on the bottom. I kinda love it! I put it in a spot where I had a brown antique jelly cabinet. Now I am trying to figure out what is next! First things first though, I have to start feeling better. My allergies are really kicking my....

Do any of ya'll have fun projects you are working on? Do you know how to get my pictures onto here from facebook? What is your favorite Beastie Boys song??

Smooches,
MamaRa!

1 comment:

  1. Um helloooo, you can't just tease me with tales of aqua cabinets! I need pics!!!

    ReplyDelete