Wednesday, November 2, 2011

W.O.W.!

Seriously? It has been two whole months since I last posted? Whoopsie! I hope ya'll weren't waiting with baited breath for my return! This blog post is going to be all about what I have been thinking about a lot lately; NUTRITION! dun dun dunnnn... I have known for a few years how bad the US is with over processed foods and high fructose corn syrup and partially hydrogenated oils and all the other disease causing "foods" out there, but I kinda brushed it away until I saw the movie Forks Over Knives.  I am sure most of you don't like documentaries, I know I usually don't, but I highly recommend this one! It was a huge eye opener for me! I am hoping Joe will watch it too, even if it is just so I shut my face about it... Hi honey! I learned so much from that hour and a half! I have gone without pop for 3 days straight, PLUS other than sampling last night at a tastefully simple party, I haven't had bread, dairy, or sugar for 3 days! The sampling did do a number on my system though! I had nasty heartburn almost immediately after eating and I had horrible back/gas pain! Oy... I am going to be mostly going from the word of wisdom, which basically says, with regard to food, eat meat sparingly, eat lots of fruits and veggies, and whole grains. That is what I am going to try to do.

Here is the elephant in the room for me- how the freak am I going to do that when my family is not with this plan??? I have no idea. The kids had oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon and a teensy bit of stevia for breakfast. They gobbled it up! I know if I put any sort of colorful vegetables in front of them they will whine and cry and adamently state they refuse to eat it (Joe......  -.-) Does anyone have any tips for me or my kids to help them understand the whys behind the changes? Should I let them watch the movie too? Sassy's 8 year old saw part and said he wanted to make changes to his diet, so it may work... Help! I can't wait to see how this changes my body and how it works for me!

Confession of the day- I'm still having a chocolate party, even though I can't eat it. bummer...

2 comments:

  1. 1. I was waiting...baited breathe and all...lol j/k. Welcome back! :)
    2. LOL RE: the chocolate party! Can't you eat one a week or something?...it's never recommended to cut yourself off from all of life's pleasures forever.
    3. I would love to see that movie...you had another one (or 2?) that you had recommended before, too...
    4. Kudos to you! Unfortunately, I have no helpful suggestions when it comes to the kid/hubby situation. I personally would have them all watch it. It'll open discussion and maybe spark a change. Then again I haven't seen it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I dunno either. For me, I make the basic food really healthy and then try not to cringe when Jase or the kids smother it in cheese...

    ReplyDelete